I am doing a mini-class on this for my neighborhood tonight and thought I would share some tips on how I am trying to keep my family well this Flu Season.
- Wash your hands and your kids hands. 15 seconds is what is recommended use soap and water if visibly soiled
- Try to avoid touching your face especially eyes, nose, mouth or sores
- Get Immunized!
- Carry an alcohol hand sanitizer (needs to have a concentration of 60% ethanol to be effective see article here) and tissues
- At home clean frequently touched surfaces often (ie doorknobs, light switches etc etc)
- Stay home if you or kids have a fever. Stay home until fever free for 24 hours (this is a CDC recommendation not just ME)
Some websites that I though had some useful information.
Remind your kids to wash often at home and at school. It will become a habit. I have been coaching my kids for the last few months and they are really getting good at remembering (even better than me sometimes). Hope you find some of these tips helpful. Here's to staying well!!!