Skip to main content

Photo Story Friday....The Pantry Project

So as I promised here are pictures of the pantry project.  It turned into a little more than I expected.  To be honest I want to rip all the wire shelving out and start completely over but that is a DIY project for another day. 

 For now I used some baskets from Walmart and did my best with what I have. 

 I even dug out my old label maker and started labeling away until I ran out of tape. Oops!
If you think it still looks bad this is what I threw away....
I know totally embarrassing.  It is a work in progress.  I plan to inventory everything in there tomorrow because I had 4 bottles of worcestershire sauce really that may last until well past the expiration date lets just say.  I also have enough seasonings to flavor an entire third world country.  That's a lot in case you don't get my sarcasm.  Anyway I like the baskets with the handles so I can just pull them out and see what's inside.  I'm pretty short so this makes it possible for me to utilize all my pantry space.  
I will keep you posted on the DIY re-shelving project.....ahem... if it ever happens. 
I am joining up with Lolli at Better in Bulk for Photo Story Friday.

Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli


I was not compensated or provided an product for this project I just thought I would let you all know where I got the baskets.  You know incase anyone gets inspired.

Popular posts from this blog

How to get Urine/Sweat stains out of your Mattress

If you have kids you have pee stains I know it.  If you don't lucky you or you are a liar and in denial.  I have pee stains on more than one mattress.  I also have sweat stains on pillows because well I sweat a.lot.  It's a gift I know. I digress.

Anyway I have tried many different ways to get urine/pee out of mattresses and I have been very unsuccessful so I did a google search and what do you know?  Another mom had pee stains too.  So I borrowed her recipe and it totally worked so I am sharing it with you.

All you need are these few house-hold ingredients and a spray bottle.  I bought a really expensive one (NOT) I used one I had for my kids hair.  It worked great.
You will need:
3 Tablespoons Baking Soda
8 ounces Hydrogen peroxide
1 drop dish soap
Mix together well and use right away. My mom discovered that if it is not mixed well the baking soda will clog the sprayer.  You also can't store this apparently it doesn't last in the bottle and it is no longer effective due to …

About Us

Welcome to the Rudy Family Rukus.  Thanks for visiting our blog.  We love visitors and comments. 
I am a mom, blogger, nurse, and scrap-booker.  This blog helps me to keep my sanity and join with other mom bloggers with similar interests and to keep our family connected!  
My husband is the Director of Football Operations for a local University and that keeps him really busy.  
I blog about raising elementary aged children, cooking, crafting, and daily life here in our little rukus we call life. 
Some things I'm blogging about lately. Raising Safe Kids NOT Scared Kids, Clean Eating as a Family, and Yummy Recipes.
Join us for laughs and learning!



Follow me on twitter:@rudyrukus or on FaceBook Rudy Family Rukus.

Master Bedroom Makeover Board and Batten

I highly recommend a few items although you don't HAVE to have them it just makes this project go so much faster.  I bought a pancake compressor with three nail guns included saved me on this project and a miter saw.  I bought both from Home Depot and they didn't pay me to say that it is just where I happen to shop.  I actually had this all measured out and went to Home Depot and they cut the mdf primed boards for me.  However I later purchased the miter saw and was then able to cut things right here at my house.  The nail gun I used is a 16 gauge gun that can shoot nails up to 3 inches.  I used a 2.5 inch nail to cover the thickness of the board and wall. Ok so I recommend deciding how you want your boards spaced first and measure and mark on the wall where you want them.  I tried to do every 16 inches because that is how far apart my studs were but then I realized my wall wasn't an even length and so I have some that look a little off on the ends.  Lesson learned..... You…